radeon 9600.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_nelson

hi, i recently bought a radeon 9600 from ebay. it is the connect3d version with the basic heatsink and no fan. i was wondering how to tell what version (i.e. se, pro xt etc.) it is. i ask because in dxdiag it says its xt, in comman debug it says pro but i didnt think the pro or xt versions came without a fan on the heatsink.
cheers guys
Richard

Can you try to find the part number on it?

If it's an XT it'll have either part nr 6046 or 6056 and if it's a regular 9600 it'll be 6035 or 6037.
I can not find a 9600 pro on their product pages so I doubt it's that...

there is a sticker on the back that has the number 6035 so i guess its the regular. why then does it say its an xt in dxdiag and a pro in debug?
also in device manager there is a secondary device under display (radeon 9600 series - secondary). is this normal?
cheers for the swift reply garibaldi
rich

Well, since you bought it through ebay I guess the person who sold it to you have modified it with a new BIOS which makes it known as XT. (But why it shows up as Pro I have no idea...)

Sorry I couldn't be as swift with this reply, but I had to get some sleep...

As for the secondary device, yes that is normal.
You can have 2 monitors connected to the card, and so ATI has added a secondary display.

ive jus checked the bios version and it is:
bk-ami ver008.011.006.000.
i dont know anything about vid card bios flashing really so is this an updated bios or the standard? im assuming it can only be a good thing that is is showing up as an xt??
cheers again for the replies garibaldi!
rich

I've never been into overclocking video cards, so I don't know too much about it.
But I guess it's safe to say that as long as it works as it should, giving you no artifacts or such, I wouldn't worry overly much.

The only problem that might arise is that it will burn out (die) faster than it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back