TechSpot

Radeon 9600

By barnsey
Dec 17, 2003
  1. I recently formatted my computer, then installed my new radeon 9600. Before formatting, i had installed the 9600 and it was working fine. I uninstall the drivers and took the card out before formatting so everything was at its deafault. But when i installed my graphics card after formatting, things begain to mess up. Games wouldnt work, they would restart when loading, and the graphics in tomb raider would mess up. Does anyone know how to sort this. Thanks.

Barnsey

2. tripleione

tripleione TS Rookie Posts: 181

Although I'm sure everyone would love to help, it's very hard to locate a problem when we don't have the entire specifications of your computer. If you can, please try to post them ASAP. Thanks! :p

From the information you submitted, however, I would have to ask if you have installed the latest drivers for both your motherboard and your graphics card. Perhaps the two most important drivers that need to be installed after a format, the motherboard and graphics card drivers are essential to getting the two devices to communicate properly with each other.

3. barnsey

barnsey TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks
    My specs are
    2ghz pentium 4
    736mb ddr266
    Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL SiS650 1.0

The graphics card is 256mb. I have tired installing the latest drivers for my graphics card at www.ati.com and that makes things worst.However,I have not tried installing any new drivers for my motherboard. Thanks for your help.

4. Scol

Scol TS Rookie Posts: 140

Have you checked your motherboard manufacturer website? They sometimes have known issues listed in some sort of FAQ.

5. Shiney

Shiney TS Enthusiast Posts: 223

what card did you use when you removed your 9600?
    What OS are you using.
    Have you installed latest directx

6. barnsey

barnsey TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was using sum SiS 650 piece of bull. I have the latest direct x version and am running on windows xp.

7. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 375

Maybe I'm asking a dumb question, but why did you uninstall the drivers and remove the card if you were going to re-format?

Wouldn't re-formatting pretty much take care of removing the drivers?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.