Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnsey

I recently formatted my computer, then installed my new radeon 9600. Before formatting, i had installed the 9600 and it was working fine. I uninstall the drivers and took the card out before formatting so everything was at its deafault. But when i installed my graphics card after formatting, things begain to mess up. Games wouldnt work, they would restart when loading, and the graphics in tomb raider would mess up. Does anyone know how to sort this. Thanks.

Barnsey

Although I'm sure everyone would love to help, it's very hard to locate a problem when we don't have the entire specifications of your computer. If you can, please try to post them ASAP. Thanks! :p

From the information you submitted, however, I would have to ask if you have installed the latest drivers for both your motherboard and your graphics card. Perhaps the two most important drivers that need to be installed after a format, the motherboard and graphics card drivers are essential to getting the two devices to communicate properly with each other.

Thanks
My specs are
2ghz pentium 4
736mb ddr266
Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL SiS650 1.0

The graphics card is 256mb. I have tired installing the latest drivers for my graphics card at www.ati.com and that makes things worst.However,I have not tried installing any new drivers for my motherboard. Thanks for your help.

Have you checked your motherboard manufacturer website? They sometimes have known issues listed in some sort of FAQ.

Originally posted by barnsey
I uninstall the drivers and took the card out before formatting so everything was at its deafault.
Barnsey

what card did you use when you removed your 9600?
What OS are you using.
Have you installed latest directx

I was using sum SiS 650 piece of bull. I have the latest direct x version and am running on windows xp.

Maybe I'm asking a dumb question, but why did you uninstall the drivers and remove the card if you were going to re-format?

Wouldn't re-formatting pretty much take care of removing the drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back