Radeon 9600SE Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone can help me to solve this problem?

The Sales said that "Radeon 9600SE" can run on mainboard with AGP 4X compatible. so I bought this card and installed on M930LR mainboard, but when I power on my computer the monitor screen become non-stable (some characters is flashing and some straight line form “Z” moving across the screen) a few second later then display "please check your VGA cable" How can I solve this problem?

When I do this, I know that indicating something is wrong with the video card and the monitor won't even come on. So I put the Geforce2 MX400 64M VGA card back in and the computer works fine.

I don't know this problem is whether concern about the power supply unit, because I had installed 4 IDE devices (DVD, CDRW, 2HD) on the mainboard.

My computer specification:
P4 CHIPS ATX MAINBOARD
INTEL P4 1.6 (Socket)
512 DDR RAM

I know my little explanation of the problem above is a bit confusing... but the problem confuses me... so that's the best I can explain it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try uninstalling the drivers for your current card (go to straight VGA mode) and shut down your computer. Uninstall your old card, install the new and bring your system up. If it still gives you the issue (but it shouldn't) shut down and boot into safe mode once. Go into your screen properties and back out and reboot. It's possible that your current refresh rate is set too high or defaulting too high with the new card under your current configuration.

Let us know if this works out for you.

Oh yeah....one more thing.....:wave: Welcome To Techspot! :wave: with your first post.

Dear Sir

I am sorry for my poor description of the problem!
But, My case is that "can't display any correct characters even in BIOS detected hardware information". This happen before loading windows.

I know this might sound silly, but is the gold contacts on the card soiled?

On the other hand there's a possibility that there's something wrong with the card. You might want to exchange for a new working one.

I don't think theres a problem with the mobo agp slot because you got the other card working fine.

Could just be one of those mysterious compatbility problems which we all experience at one time or another with some piece of hardware.

Rather than spend hours of frustration attempting to resolve the issue, I would take it back and trade it for a different brand or model.

The same thing happened to me when I put in my new 9800. Luckily I could see enough of the screen to uninstall the old drivers and software. I thought I got a bad card. You should just put in the old card and then uninstall the ATI drivers and the nVidia drivers. There is a program called Detonator Destroyer I used to use to remove nVidia drivers.

Originally posted by Masque
Try uninstalling the drivers for your current card (go to straight VGA mode) and shut down your computer. Uninstall your old card, install the new and bring your system up. If it still gives you the issue (but it shouldn't) shut down and boot into safe mode once. Go into your screen properties and back out and reboot. It's possible that your current refresh rate is set too high or defaulting too high with the new card under your current configuration.

Let us know if this works out for you.

Oh yeah....one more thing.....:wave: Welcome To Techspot! :wave: with your first post.

Dear Sir,

I have solved the problem by replace the orginal monitor, use LCD monitor (Philip 150B) instead of (Topcon FD Trinitron 15" CRT). The flashing and unstable status of monitor is disappear while "Radeon 9600SE" connected to LCD monitor. Is this mean that "Radeon 9600SE" not support my old CRT monitor"?

My Philips 150B LCD monitor is old model and do not has DVI port, so it can only connected through the 15 pin VGA port of my Radeon 9600SE card!

CRT monitor

hi, I think your new VGA gives more refresh rate into monitor. And your CRT monitor cant work whit hier refresh rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back