Radeon 9600XT problem(4x, 8x, fast write?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok before I reformated I could have it on 8x and faster write.

I reformated, loaded the drivers and for some reason if I move the slider to 8x and reboot. It doesn't stay on it, I don't think I am gettijng the full potential of this card beacause of this.

I am not being able to run Battlefield 2, which I should be able to.

Why is it doing this? Why is fast write ghosted(you can't check the bubbles) and why can't I pick 8x and it actually apply?

Take a look at my attachement.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 7
Do you have all the video drivers installed? Do you need a smartgart driver? I'm not too familiar with ati cards, so I don't really know.

You need to install the Chipset and/or AGP drivers for your motherboard. This will make AGP/8x available once again.

If you have a VIA chipset motherboard, you may need to install the AGP drivers as "Turbo" in order to achieve 8x vs 4x.

Also you should have DirectX9.0c installed before loading drivers. Though that probably has nothing to do with your issues.
I agree with Sharkfood, if you haven't done chipset drivers, do them. Also check if the BIOS has a setting for that speed, just in case.

Sharkfood said:
You need to install the Chipset and/or AGP drivers for your motherboard. This will make AGP/8x available once again.

If you have a VIA chipset motherboard, you may need to install the AGP drivers as "Turbo" in order to achieve 8x vs 4x.

Bingo, that's what I forgot to do....

Thanks alot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back