Radeon 9600XT problem(4x, 8x, fast write?)

By thendhundle
Sep 14, 2005
  1. Ok before I reformated I could have it on 8x and faster write.

I reformated, loaded the drivers and for some reason if I move the slider to 8x and reboot. It doesn't stay on it, I don't think I am gettijng the full potential of this card beacause of this.

I am not being able to run Battlefield 2, which I should be able to.

Why is it doing this? Why is fast write ghosted(you can't check the bubbles) and why can't I pick 8x and it actually apply?

Take a look at my attachement.

Attached Files:

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Do you have all the video drivers installed? Do you need a smartgart driver? I'm not too familiar with ati cards, so I don't really know.
  3. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

You need to install the Chipset and/or AGP drivers for your motherboard. This will make AGP/8x available once again.

If you have a VIA chipset motherboard, you may need to install the AGP drivers as "Turbo" in order to achieve 8x vs 4x.
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

Also you should have DirectX9.0c installed before loading drivers. Though that probably has nothing to do with your issues.
    I agree with Sharkfood, if you haven't done chipset drivers, do them. Also check if the BIOS has a setting for that speed, just in case.
  5. thendhundle

thendhundle TS Rookie Topic Starter

Bingo, that's what I forgot to do....

Thanks alot guys.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.