Radeon 9700 Pro 128 Won't Render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here's my problem. When I fire up a game and I finally get to either the main menu or somewhere else Direct3D is used, the screen is all garbled, flashes, and appears to be a rendering issue to me. The games I tried it in were GTA: Vice City, Dues Ex 2, and Warcraft III TFT.

Here's the System...

Asus A7N8X mobo (nforce2 chipset)
512mb RAM Corsair XMS 3200DDR (Just 1 stick, should be 2 i know...)
Radeon 9700 Pro 128

incase you need this...
350 watt power supply
Western Digital hard drive, 80 gigs
Windows XP Professional

I have the NEWEST:
bios flash
Catalyst Drivers
nforce2 drivers

and Im running pretty much the default settings on the motherboard AND under the video card settings in the display control panel.

I've been scouring the internet for days and I've tried almost everything without luck so any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance =)

First off, dont flash your bios unless it is preventing you from using a feature you need. If your computer worked fine with the bios you have, no sense in upgrading it. I think you may have a corrupt DirectX install. Run dxdiag from the command line and see if all of your files are installed. Then run some of the basic DirectDraw and Direct3D tests, to see if they work. If that doesnt help, try earlier versions of the catalyst software. When I upgraded from 3.8 to 3.10 I could no longer control AA and AF in any of my games. I think older drivers may be the better way to go, just so you know if that is the problem or not. I've had the best success with catalyst 3.7 drivers, which may seem old. I use the same board you do, and had a Radeon 9700 pro at one time (9800 now) and had a few probs with artifacting and poor frames in certain games, battlefield was the most noticeable. Also, does your computer lock up, or just not play those games right. You might want to check the heatsink for attachment. And the last thing I can think of at the moment is the SMARTGART tool that ATI integrates into their drivers. dont uninstall this, if you did, reinstall your drivers. This can be helpful in troubleshooting.

If you can post with a few more details I willl help out further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back