TechSpot

radeon 9700 pro

By mp44
May 23, 2006
  1. My computer recently died and when i tried my graphics card in another pc it wouldnt run any games but it would run in windows fine and i don't know how to tell if the card is fried.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,485   +233

Does the fan seem to run fast enough? I know it might be hard to tell how fast is fast enough.

3. mp44

mp44 TS Rookie Topic Starter

the fan doesnt run any slower than it used 2. i think it runs at roughly 4000 rpm. Its a sapphire radeon 9700 pro with 128 mb of ddr ram. Hope that helps.

4. mailpup

I have an older Dell that has a Radeon 9700 Pro but I haven't had any problems with it. When you tried the card in the other PC, did you uninstall the old driver and install a new one for the Radeon?

5. mp44

i tried that and i recently got my pc back up and running with the same problem

6. mailpup

What did you fix on the old computer to get it up and running?

7. mp44

I had a look at the rear i/o panel and to my suprise i found that 1 of my usb ports was broken and that the metal pins inside were bent down and touching the outer metal part of the port so i bend the pins away from the outer part and my pc fired up with no problems. But the graphics card is still messing up so im gunna buy a new 1.

8. mailpup

I hadn't said anything yet, but I was thinking it might be the graphics card but I just didn't know. Well, you'll find out soon enough. Post back with your results if you would.

9. mp44

i bought a new motherboard yesterday and the graphics card does exactly the same thing... so looks im gunna have to buy a cheap replacement card until i can afford a ati radeon x1600x agp card.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.