radeon 9700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp44

My computer recently died and when i tried my graphics card in another pc it wouldnt run any games but it would run in windows fine and i don't know how to tell if the card is fried.

Does the fan seem to run fast enough? I know it might be hard to tell how fast is fast enough.

the fan doesnt run any slower than it used 2. i think it runs at roughly 4000 rpm. Its a sapphire radeon 9700 pro with 128 mb of ddr ram. Hope that helps.

I have an older Dell that has a Radeon 9700 Pro but I haven't had any problems with it. When you tried the card in the other PC, did you uninstall the old driver and install a new one for the Radeon?

I had a look at the rear i/o panel and to my suprise i found that 1 of my usb ports was broken and that the metal pins inside were bent down and touching the outer metal part of the port so i bend the pins away from the outer part and my pc fired up with no problems. But the graphics card is still messing up so im gunna buy a new 1.

I hadn't said anything yet, but I was thinking it might be the graphics card but I just didn't know. Well, you'll find out soon enough. Post back with your results if you would.

i bought a new motherboard yesterday and the graphics card does exactly the same thing... so looks im gunna have to buy a cheap replacement card until i can afford a ati radeon x1600x agp card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back