Radeon 9800 pro 128 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey. I have a ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128-bit video card. (i know it sucks but it works for me, most of the time). It has worked out alright for most of my applications (i do a lot of video editing and some games). Anyway, it has this problem in Halo, which I am not sure how to correct. When you are using the sniper rifle, there is a night vision feature. It is supposed to brighten the entire screen and give it a somewhat greenish tint (like "real" nightvision). However, the 9800 only brightens the area inside the reticle (the box that is like the crosshairs for the sniper rifle), gives it a yellow tint rather than green, and brightens it to a point that objects are hardly discernable... Now I have not seen any other problems with the Radeon in any of my other applications... I tried to contact customer support but they just told me that it was a software problem... however I have talked to several other people that have the same exact problem with the 9800 pro. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem?

How its supposed to look (on an Nvidia video card):
NvidiaGeforce2GTS.jpg

How it looks on the Radeon 9800 pro 128:
Radeon9800pro.jpg

You didn't mention anything about drivers. Have you tried installing a new graphics driver?

How high is your brightness setting ingame?
If they're maxed out, you might want to lower them to see if that helps...
And it does make some sense that only the scope is affected by the nightvision, if that's the part that has nightvision (ie. you're not using goggles on both eyes)...

As far as drivers, I have the latest drivers from Radeon (included in the Catalyst control center... 5.7 i think). Changing the ingame brightness does not affect the nightvision in anyway. the brightness of the nightvision is the same no matter what the brightness setting in the game is... also the other strange thing is that the video card only generates the night vision on the inside of the reticle of the sniper scope rather than the entire screen (as it should be). The sniper scope is the only part of the game in which the "night vision" effect is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back