Radeon 9800 PRO 256 S-Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman`

I recently attempted to export so shows i have on my computer to VHS tape, when I connected and configured the TV, the display workes, but is only in black and white, I installed it as a plug and play monitor so i could use 16 bit color (which I was able to do before with a Radeon 7500) but this new card wont do anything above grayscale, but the display size can be changed. (1024x768 max) I tried 2 VCR's and 2 S-Video cables and still no luck.

I installed it as a plug and play monitor so i could use 16 bit color (which I was able to do before with a Radeon 7500) but this new card wont do anything above grayscale, but the display size can be changed. (1024x768 max) I tried 2 VCR's and 2 S-Video cables and still no luck.

I thought that the svid outputted standard ntsc or pal. Why would you need to install drivers for a television? Try wiggling the svid cord at the pc and at the television while someone watches the display for flashes of color. Im betting that the chromo pins on one of the connectors are not making contact and you are just getting the luminocity info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back