Not open for further replies.

natakurave

First off here are my specs.

P4 3.0mhz
4 Fans - 500Watt Power supply
1 gig RAM
15gig available space
Up to date ATi Drivers

Ok for some odd reason when i try to run a "new" game such as, well 2 of them I just purchased.

F.E.A.R and Age of Empires III

I get the same problem with both, for some odd reason I keep seeing White dots all over my screen and then eventually my whole PC crashes and Im forced to reboot. I mean I meet the requirments and + to play the games but I dont understand. I've even lowered down the in-game efftects to their lowest option and I still get white dots but not as bad and then get a crash also.

Could someone please help me? >< is there something I dont have updated or something I dont get it =/ I'm going to have to try to return the games if I cant get this problem out of here >< :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Could very well be a simple overheating issue.

As a quick test, take your case's side panel off and play the game with a house fan blowing at the insides of your case. If this stops the problem, you know you need better cooling.

OK then, next I'd do the following in this order, stopping if any step solves the problem.

1. Go to the ATI website and update your video card's drivers.
2. Go to your motherboard's website, and update your chipset drivers
3. Go to your motheboard's website and update your bios

Other possibilities: power supply not enough (by the way, you do have the 4 pin molex connector going from your power supply to the video card, right?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back