TechSpot

Radeon 9800AGP and S3 Trio 32/64 PCI multi-monitor setup

By fitzy75
Dec 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to setup a multi-monitor configuration using an ATI Radeon 9800Pro All-in-Wonder AGP card and a S3 Trio 32/64 PCI card.

btw im using Windows XP pro.

When i put the PCI card in and switch on the Pc, the defalt card is the radeon AGP (always has been, that's how I want it to be) when I look in device manager it says for the S3 pci card "Code 10. this device cannot start". I have tried updating drivers for both cards but I still don't get anywhere.

One thing I have found out is that if l so into BIOS and change "Init Display First'' from AGP to PCI, and then boot into windows i can go into display properties and both monitors work fine, kind of. The only problem here is, the tv tuner and none of the s-vid or component inputs work, they are not even detected in device manager. One of the main points of me getting multiple monitors is so that I can watch TV on one of them and be doing my work on the other

I have bought a radeon 9250 pci card on ebay and should be getting it next week, this is to replace the Trio because the Trio has hardly got any memory so I hope that I will be able to get the Trio working, because I don't want to have to wait for the new radeon pci to get here

If its any use, the monitors I am trying to use are:
    Gateway2000 EV700 17" CRT
    EIZO FlexScan F764-M 21" CRT

And if my new card supports dual monitors on the same card, I will also add:
    LG Logix LGX 151 15" CRT

If anyone can help me with this setup I would be greatful.
  2. commander_keen

commander_keen TS Rookie

My guess would be that you haven't assigned an IRQ for PCI VGA in the BIOS.

Good luck.
  3. fitzy75

fitzy75 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi I haven't been on here for ages thats why I didn't reply sooner.

But anyway, thanks for your suggestion. It had an IRQ already but I guess it was just the combination of cards that it didn't like. I gave up with that Trio in the end and found a cheap Radeon 9250 on ebay and that worked fine.

Once again thanks for your reply.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.