Radeon 9800AGP and S3 Trio 32/64 PCI multi-monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy75

I am trying to setup a multi-monitor configuration using an ATI Radeon 9800Pro All-in-Wonder AGP card and a S3 Trio 32/64 PCI card.

btw im using Windows XP pro.

When i put the PCI card in and switch on the Pc, the defalt card is the radeon AGP (always has been, that's how I want it to be) when I look in device manager it says for the S3 pci card "Code 10. this device cannot start". I have tried updating drivers for both cards but I still don't get anywhere.

One thing I have found out is that if l so into BIOS and change "Init Display First'' from AGP to PCI, and then boot into windows i can go into display properties and both monitors work fine, kind of. The only problem here is, the tv tuner and none of the s-vid or component inputs work, they are not even detected in device manager. One of the main points of me getting multiple monitors is so that I can watch TV on one of them and be doing my work on the other

I have bought a radeon 9250 pci card on ebay and should be getting it next week, this is to replace the Trio because the Trio has hardly got any memory so I hope that I will be able to get the Trio working, because I don't want to have to wait for the new radeon pci to get here

If its any use, the monitors I am trying to use are:
Gateway2000 EV700 17" CRT
EIZO FlexScan F764-M 21" CRT

And if my new card supports dual monitors on the same card, I will also add:
LG Logix LGX 151 15" CRT

If anyone can help me with this setup I would be greatful.

Hi I haven't been on here for ages thats why I didn't reply sooner.

But anyway, thanks for your suggestion. It had an IRQ already but I guess it was just the combination of cards that it didn't like. I gave up with that Trio in the end and found a cheap Radeon 9250 on ebay and that worked fine.

Once again thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back