Radeon 9800pro locks up when drivers load

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff64

Hey,
My 9800pro that i've been using fine for 1 year now locks up when the drivers load. i just installed a giant III fan on it and now when drivers load the visuals are all distorted and my pc freezes and when i restart i get locked out of windows. The asus boot screen has purple/grey/green dots all across in a pattern and the windows load screen has blue squares across it in a pattern. Someone plz help me i can't afford another vid card :( thank you :confused:

you screwed it up when you added the fan. is the supplemental power attached? if you're still stumped, take the whole machine to a local pc repair shop and have a tech look at it. good luck.

i dunno if it's fully messed up because it's running 100% without drivers installed i can't see how it's completely busted. i might try taking it to a tech only thing i can't do right? just wondering if someone else had this problem too.

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the video card, the best way to do it is to go into safe mode and then go into device manager and uninstall the driver for the video card, after the driver is uninstalled restart the system normally and the driver should reinstall it self. After the driver reinstalls go to the web and update the driver. That may fix your issue. To make sure that the issue isnt software you could just try to reload windows, and I know that will suck, but if you dont want to spend any money on a video card and to make sure that you dont have to. Reinstalling windows would be your best chance. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back