Radeon ATi sapphire 9200 SE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

salviablue

Right, to start with I am not even totally sure whether this is the right place to post this kind of query but i am starting to try the long shots now!
Basically I got a Radeon ATi sapphire 9200SE graphics card and dropped it seconds before placing it into my computer!
I thought "Oh bugger! I`m sure it`ll be OK!" and continued with the replacement.
I switched on the computer and the mobo didnt like it much.
So i removed it from the comp and checked it over to find a massive chip (i.e. chunk missing) from component `AMP3055L`.
I have since found out that this is an N-channel Enhancement Mode MOSFET in TO-252 (DPAK) form.

Now, the question is:
Does any one know of any other video cards that contain this MOSFET OR if another MOSFET component would do in its place?
All my searches and leads have turned out useless/unanswered.

I picked this card up in a working state for £5! So i would seriously consider buying a cheap and/or broken card to strip for this part as i cant get it anywhere else!
Cheers!?!

It's posted in the right place, and I wouldn't bother to try and fix it, a new one will be easier to deal with (they are not that expensive). There is always the possibility that you could damage the card further and you don't want to do that. Sorry about the card though.

I assume it has no warranty remaining?

If so, RMA it. Else just spend $50 more and buy a new one.

Regards,

Korrupt

Back to bargain hunting!

Cheers guys.
I just hate to see a bargain go in the bin bcause of my fumbleness! I think ill keep hold of the card incase but hunt for another grafix solution bargain.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back