Radeon Fx 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

First post :blush:

I was just wondering.. I've downloading the Nvidia Drivers for this Graphics Card driver, i was wondering if there was any tweaked drivers or anything for this card to make my performance better. Not quiality, but performance.
I'm only interested in how smooth my games run etc, i don't care about the look of it.

Ok first off, are you certain it's a radeon fx5500? Maybe it's a geforce card? Second, I would try to find some drivers that were made when the card was current. Something in the 45.xx to 5x.xx series should do. Very few performance tweaks are added to the latest drivers for older cards, the makers are concentrating on wringing performance out of the latest gpu cores. As well there are some ways to gain some fps that do not take a new driver: for example you might try your games in 16bit colour, no aa or af filtering. You should benchmark your games before and after you make changes, such as colour depth and so on, otherwise you might find that you are losing performance and not know it. Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are options that if enabled will cause the biggest performance hit in games, you are generally better off with a fx 5500 card by disabling these options.
There are ways to make 16bit look almost as good as 32bit, and I find enabling texture clamp, at least in opengl games, to be one of the most important. But then again, if your card shows little performance gain by going to 16bit, might as well run 32bit.
Some thoughts for you.

Radeon - ATI

ATI doesnt have a FX series so it's a nVidia card ;)

Try this:
Go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and try any game you would want to play

If you get recommended the game will run very smooth!

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back