Radeon X300 vs. GeForce 6150

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I have the option to jump from a GeForce 6150 Integrated GPU to an X300 GPU, and I was wondering if it is worth the jump (if I would see a significant increase in performance)?

MetalX said:
Nope... it's not really worth it at all. An X300 is a terrible card.

My parent's computer plays F.E.A.R. on 800X600 with medium settings with the x300, so I wouldn't say it's terrible. I do know that it is low-end, and so is mine.

EDIT:
MetalX, I noticed that on your signature you said your ram is running at 200MHz, half the speed of the normal speed. I read somewhere that it shows up like that, although there is something on the line of two threads that run at 200MHz. Just to let you know (I don't know that much about memory).

cfitzarl said:
My parent's computer plays F.E.A.R. on 800X600 with medium settings with the x300, so I wouldn't say it's terrible. I do know that it is low-end, and so is mine.

EDIT:
MetalX, I noticed that on your signature you said your ram is running at 200MHz, half the speed of the normal speed. I read somewhere that it shows up like that, although there is something on the line of two threads that run at 200MHz. Just to let you know (I don't know that much about memory).
Thanks man but I mean it is running at 100 mhz which would be 200 mhz DDR (double-data-rate) instead of the usually 200mhz or 400mhz DDR. Also, don't waste money on an X300. Just wait till you have a bit more money and get like a 6600GT or a X800GTO or something. They cost about the price of 2 X300s but they are MUCH faster (about 3-4 times faster).

I've done my research on vid cards, trust me...I spent months looking at them. I though you meant with the memory that the reading said 200, not 100. I am a noob with memory if you can't tell.

EDIT:
I am receiving a video card later this year (probably should've mentioned that), and it will probably be a GeForce 7600, or an X1600Pro. I was just going to get this for the mean time. I was just wondering if I could get a few fps more with the x300.

F1N3ST said:
Your Mobo has PCI-e X16, buy a simple 7950GX2.

I would get that if I could afford it. My car needs a new gasket cover, and inspection sticker so, that's out of the question :( .

EDIT: My psu would literally blow up into pieces if I put a 7950 as well, so I would need a new one. Mine only has 450watts with 18a on the 12v rail, and if I were to get the top of the line vid card, I would want to get a decent psu that fits the specs as well.

Hehe my 2GB of pqi TURBO (Cas 4!) just came in, 170$!! after 40$ rebate ,the heatspreader is awesome, is mounted ON the RAM, not with the POS clips over the RAM, and says on the package "Superior Overclocking Ability"

F1N3ST said:
Hehe my 2GB of pqi TURBO (Cas 4!) just came in, 170$!! after 40$ rebate ,the heatspreader is awesome, is mounted ON the RAM, not with the POS clips over the RAM, and says on the package "Superior Overclocking Ability"

Happy Overclocking :)

BUMP! (again)

Yea, I hope you have a good time overclocking that umm... well... whatever it is your overclocking... computer, cat, grandmother... w/e. Let's just see how many unrelated posts we can make before howard closes this thread :) :) :)

cfitzarl said:
What the HELL are your parents doing playing F.E.A.R. ?!?!?!?!?

Yeah right. We know your parents are hardcore gamers! I've seen them on some of the CS maps wall hacking away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back