Raid 0 Problems with A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

i have been having problems with installing a raid 0 configuration with my computer.

OK. Firstly. There are 4 sata ports and i plugged both of my HDDs which are 300g barracuda 7200.09 into sata 1 and sata 2 connecters...

In Bios I enabled Raid Mode in Storage Configuration. And in Onboard Devices i set Silicon Image Mode to Raid.

I set up a raid 0 array using Ctrl+A on post. This seems to be the ULI controller M1575 for these sata things.... ( im a total noob)

So onwards to windows i go. As expected windows does not detect the HDDS and i press f6 to get the drivers installed... Ok now i need either the ULI Raid controller driver or the Silicon Image driver...

Oh and also. Whats the diffrence betweeen 32bit and 64bit drivers or w/e

which do i need? i have a 64bit processer yet windows XP is 32bit isint it.

And hell i cant even accept the agreement to terms when i boot the winxp

wont let me press f8 or anything. Ive been stuck on this for days now and some help would be appreciated. If im to vague its because im not sure what to say. ask me questions!!!

Hi,

When you press ctrl+a when you boot Windows. You have to find a way to build a mirror or a stripe (your decission). After you have done that it will work.

The 64-bit version of the drivers is necessary for the 64-bit version of Windows. If you're using a normal Windows XP, you can stick with the 32-bit drivers.

You need to know exactly which controller is servicing the sata ports you're using. If it's the uLi ports, you'll need the uLi drivers & the same should go with the Silicone Image controller otherwise the Windows setup will not find the hard drivers even after loading the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back