RAID as IDE - InnoVision AP-1680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.

Here is my problemo. I am trying to set up a third hard drive using the InnoVision ap-1680 RAID PCI Controller - I do not want to set up a RAID array, just use the RAID PCI card as a 'link' to the third hard drive so it will be recognised as such by Windows (XP SP2).

I have read numerous articles indicating that after installing the card, drivers and utilities etc. it should be as simple as plugging in the 'extra' hard drive to an IDE channel on the RAID PCI Controller. The 'extra' drive that I am trying to plug in to the controller is an old 200GB Seagate, set as Slave, with three partitions. Windows XP is set up on the primary partition of this old drive, but this does not seem to be a problem when I plug it into the primary IDE channel and ribbon as Slave from the mobo with the drive being recognised and active without incident.

The RAID PCI Controller is present and accounted for under device manager and latest drivers and utils. have been installed.

Currently when I plug the old drive into the RAID PCI controller, boot is as normal until the windows xp boot logo etc. is displayed, which simply hangs in motion until I manually power down the machine.

I am concerned that if I set the old drive to be attached to the controller as a Master, this will create a serious conflict with my current set-up (if this is not what is already occuring).

Setup if helpful:
Athlon XP2000+
Asus A7V8X-X
Radeon 9200
SB Audigy2
WD 200GB (Master)
Maxtor 80GB (Slave - MP3 only)
Floppy
Pioneer DVD-Rom
Sony DVD-RW
Innovision AP-1680 ATA133 IDE RAID PCI Controller
Seagate 200GB (Old Drive) - to be attached

Most grateful for any help or advice.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

You could try putting your existing drives on the PCI controller. (You may have to adjust some settings to be able to boot from there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back