TechSpot

RAID problem- Abit KV8-MAX3- Correct Drivers?

By Thira
Dec 3, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had been having problems with Windows XP Professional- blue screen crashes. So I decided to do a fresh install of Windows XP Pro. First I updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest, 23. Next I booted, hit F4 & entered the RAID setup. Previously I had RAID 0, but I deleted the RAID, did a low level format of both hard drives from the RAID setup, & then created a RAID 1(mirrowing). In my motherboard BIOS, the Hard disk priority is set to "on chip SATA RAID". My serial hard drives are connected to SATA 3 & 4 on the motherboard.
    Next I rebooted with my WindowsXP Professional CD loaded, and came to Windows Setup, pressed F6, then "S" when prompted and loaded VIA Destination version 310E SATA drivers (which I downloaded fron VIA's web site). At the Windows Professional Setup screen, "To Set Up Windows Now, Press Enter" which I did. "Setup did not find any Hard Drives in your computer " is what I got. In the BIOS, there are no hard drives listed.
    Can anyone advise so that I can load my OS & get my system running again? Did I use the correct RAID drivers? Am I correctly set in the motherboard BIOS at Hard disk priority to "on chip SATA RAID"?
    On the original CD that came with the motherboard there are HPT 374 & HPT 372 drivers on the CD. Does SATA RAID ports 3 & 4 use Highpoint or the VIA SATA drivers?
    Thanks so much. I am about to start kicking the dog!
    Thira
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.