RAID with windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently decided to RAID two seagate HDD's in a RAID 0 format. I used MSI's fastbuild utility and set it up in the BIOS to all of the proper RAID settings. Now I try to install windows on my newly RAID'ed HDDs and the windows setup doesnt detect the HDDs. I contacted MSI and they told me I needed to use a floppy disc to install the RAID drivers for my mobo at the start up of the windows setup when it prompts you to hit F6.

This is all fine and nice however when windows goes into the setup and tells me to hit F6 I hit it and nothing happens. I thought maybe i didn't hit it in tim or something so I rebooted and tried again this time hitting F6 repeatedly and still no menu came up. Any ideas as to why this is or what I could do to fix it?

Nothing Happens when Pressing F6 During Windows* Setup to Load 3rd Party RAID Driver
If you have enabled RAID, at the beginning of Windows Setup, you’ll see a prompt to “Press <F6> to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver”. When you press F6, it may appear as if nothing happened as a dialog box will not appear and you will not immediately see a prompt. You likely will not see any sort of dialog box appear at the time you press F6. Instead, later during Windows Setup, however, you will be prompted to insert the RAID driver floppy disk that came with the desktop board.

Yah I finally got to that menu, however even after loading the drivers windows setup still says it doesn't detect the HDDs

Ok I rebooted and tried again and for some reason it worked this time. I have RAID set up and it is detecting my HDDs. Now when I try to install windows it says that "There is no windows XP compatible partition on this drive" Any ideas as to why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back