RAM brand reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Is anyone aware of any articles comparing different brands of RAM and their reliability?

I have gone through two sets of RAM made by two manufactuers. One by Kingston , the other crucial. I seem to get failures every 6 to 8 months.

I am giving Corsair a try next.

I don't have any articles that I can reference but I have heard a lot of good things about Patriot RAM as of late. Starting to be mentioned with more of your "mainstream" RAM manufactures.

Unfortunetly you are going to have failure from time to time. A of time RAM is very solid. If it is going to go back it will in the first year if at all. Unless there is something else that makes it go bad like a short in the motherboard or something of that nature.

Aye, the motherboard might have non-funcional Ram Slot.

P.S. You know the type of speed your motherboard supports with ram...right?

no - the slots are good. These are failures across the board. I think my voltages have been too high- see my other thread.

I know quite a few people with the same OCZ ram as I have and they haven't had any problems. You're probably in the market for a higher quality model than I have but OCZ is in my good books.

since I don't really overclock - I don't count a 2% overclock as significant, I was trying to stick with stock value RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back