Ram Chip Fixable

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

First of all my Spec is in my sig :D

At september i got 2 1g sticks of Corsair RAM (pc3200), i put them in the pc (wouldnt go on dual channel at the time but i wasnt bothered, just put em in 2 seperate channels) and off it went. About 3 weeks later i got this problem, which i tracked down to one of those 1g sticks. Whenever this stick is in the problem starts.

The problem is that everything crashes with the message "this program has encountered a problem and needs to close" and asks whether to send a error report (And i mean everything. Folders, MSN, Explorer etc and it happens almost constantly after a short while). Its definetly one of those sticks that causes this ive made sure of that. Question is, is a problem like this fixable? I was going to run a diagnostic to see if it could mend it but i was told that ill probably just have to replace it. I thought different since the problem isnt as bad as a black screen on boot or anything like that, so i just want to know if this is true (becuase the diagnostic takes ages an i dont wanna waste my time if it wont help) and that if it is fixable does anyone know a tool i could use.

Thanks

(incase anyone thinks its the mobo i tested a m8's 1g stick in my board on Dual channel and it worked gr8, so it is without a doubt this stick thats causeing bother)

There is no way to fix bad ram!!! Unless you have an oscilloscope and lots of time on your hands that is!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back