RAM Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what type of RAM i need. Im looking to go up to 1024MB or more depending on whats easier and have room for upgrading.

I currently have dual channel DDR-SDRAM, 2x256MB and its 333Mhz PC2700.

And i have 2 more slots open.

I was thinking 2x512MB at 400Mhz but im not sure how this whole dual channel RAM works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

your RAM speed is based on the lowest speed of any ram chip. so even if you got the 400 mhz chips, your ram's speed would still be only 333 mhz. you'll need to replace all of them to achieve 400 mhz.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot :blush:

Thanks dope,

So i may as well get the 400Mhz since the price isnt very different and i will probably end up replacing the 256MBs at some point down the road right?

sry for the dubble post but hers a good price for pc2700 crosair ram

For Crosair
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-439&depa=1

For Kingston
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-434&depa=1

Im not agents any shoping site i just showed u www.newegg.com becase there the chapint and the only online store i shop from i have goiin 2 thnigsso far a ATI 9600 viedo card for 89 +$.99 shiping, then i got an mp3 player that stoped working and is returning it therer very frendly and cheep

Im not agents www.trigerderrect.com at all though

I believe that's what I put in my daughters computer. It works OK, not fast. Corsair is about the only RAM I trust in a nForce2 board. I'd run Corsair TwinX 3200XL for myself, but I OC and squeeze every tiny bit of performance out of my system.

Im planning on using it for gaming, the only thing is im canadian so i cant really buy from newegg because the duties to get it over the border will be too much.

www.tigerdirect.ca is supposed to be one of the better ones in Canada.

Anyways i have 4 slots for RAM and its supposed to be dual Channel. I have two slots filled with 256MBs at PC2700.

I want to get 2x512MB PC3200 and then upgrade the other two to use the speed.

I have a P4 2.8GHz and it can hold up to 4 gigs of RAM.

Heres the 2x512s available at that site: click

But if you guys suggest i get something else, feel free. And thanks again for all the help :)

ok im a noobie at building computers so im not quite shore how to run int in duel channel and the ram u picked eather the kingston or corsairr is nice choice, how much are they in american dollars?

i hope your upgrade goes well

swker98

thanks swker

The corsair 2x512MB would end up being 129 $ american around. Which isnt as cheap as on newegg, but it would cost me more than that to get it over the border.

Thanks for the help guys, im going to get the 2x512MB Corsair.

What exactally are you asking ?? to run in dual channel the motherboard has to support it as for the ram look for one that has the lowest lantency Kinsgton,Cosiar,Giel.OCZ all good rams .

Q & A

First of all what part of Canada do you line in?
Second I preffer Kingston on nVidia MoBos and with Kingston the RAM is the warrentee they are the Master Craft of the computer world. If it ever dies because of a falt in the why it was built just RTB and and they will replace it, I don't know if they will do that if you O/C that puter I would have to look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back