RAM Not Dual Channeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
I bought US Modular Coldfusion ddr2 pc6400 dual channel ram.
I pop it in my computer, i've tried every dual channel configuration, and the thing still doesn't dual channel.
The CAS latency is really bad too, not anything like in the description.
I am worried because I may have gotten screwed over for this
I have MSI K9N4 motherboard, 700w rocketfish psu, gefore 8600gt, and some 80GB IDE hard drive, upgrading asap.
Please help if you can, I appreciate it.

-Ricky

Thanks.. that explains it all :(
And no I have not, this is the only RAM I have tested.. perhaps I should give them a call and ask for some patch or something for my BIOS.

I also need to know, it says the pci-e slots are x16 but they operate at x8.. what does that mean? Not like what does x16 and x8 means, I know more than enough about pcs, but what does it mean that they "are" x16 and operate at x8.. is it a setting? or..?

If you have not installed MSI's Live Update 3, you should do so now. It will tell you what updates your board needs if any, including bios updates. There is never a need to call motherboard manufacturers directly

Those are driver updates not patches... You have an MSI Nvidia SLI motherboard. SLI motherboards have 2 PCI-e 16x video card slots. What video card(s) do you have installed? You need 2 identical PCI-e 16X video cards to run in SLI mode

I don't intend on SLI really. I have an 8600GT and as of tomorrow an 8800gts. My 8800gtx is being shipped away so Im with an 8600gt for a while. That's been the card in this computer only. And that's the one i'm using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back