Ram or card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCHESTER UK

I am using a Toshiba Equium laptop,I normaly play games on my desktop but If I'm at work I'm stuck with this.I tried installing Americas army and when I played it it stuttered like mad,pull trigger....Bang...target drop.

Not sure if my problem lies with ram,the graphic card or something else.what do you think?

Pent 4 3.2 ghz processor
Radion mobility 7000 IGP Graphic card
512mb ram(181mb available)

181 available???? well, that sounds like a slower card...but, america's army doesn't have the biggest requirements either. Hmm. I'm still confused about that 181mb available.

his graphics card plus windows uses up some of his ram, thus reducing the free amount to 181. said game could be demanding too much of your video card, what settings are you using?

Ram

Sorry dont know muchabout these things.My desktop pc runs like a dream but the lap top...

When I go in to system info with nothing running,it(even nortans is off!)says 512mb memory and 181mb available memory.

Is it best just not to bother gaming on a lap top?things like heat,graphic card,eye strain ect?

most standard laptops really can't handle intensive gaming. They're just not built for it.

many laptops steal video memory from system memory. I have a toshiba model that does that. I added another 512MB just to get the system to run multiple work programs.

yeah, parts for a laptop cost so much more that you'll barely be able to meet requirements for most new games when a desktop pc of the same price will be about twice as good performance-wise in every area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back