RAM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Samsung 1 gb pc3200 DDR ram for my emachines T3504, and upon installation, my whole frickin computer crashed, i had to format the hard drive, etc. What went wrong? I researched the type of ram needed, and this was what i came up with everywhere. I bought the ram off ebay, and i'm thinking it might just be a dodgy stick... what do you think? I'm just scared to try any other ram because i don't want it to crash again!

well, when i turned my computer back on, windows would not boot. I called tech support and described what had happened, and we tried everything to get windows to start up, but nothing worked. The tech guy said there was nothing we could do... i had to reformat.

buying ram off of ebay is VERY dicey. I have had very mixed experiences with ebay. Some very good, some terrible.

probablyjoel said:
well, when i turned my computer back on, windows would not boot. I called tech support and described what had happened, and we tried everything to get windows to start up, but nothing worked. The tech guy said there was nothing we could do... i had to reformat.

Somehow I don't believe it :).

If you noticed that the problem started directly after putting in the "new" RAM, that is likely your problem. Take the "new" modules out for a while and see if your experience changes.

Hopefully, if their bad, you can get them replaced :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back