RAM problem

By Pirate
Sep 26, 2008
  1. Hi, my name is Arup, I am having some problem with my RAM. I used 256MB DDR1 RAM, and wanted to upgrade to 1GB. I bought new 1GB RAM but its bus speed was more than the previous one. I installed both RAMs and my computer was running well and there was no problem. But after some day I saw that the computer is running slower. But it was supposed to be faster since it has now 1.25GB RAM. Another problem was that, my HDD always asks for defragmentation even though just after defragmenting. Then I removed the previous RAM, and saw that the problem is gone. Now what should I do? Should I use only one RAM? Please help me.
    Thank you.
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

You need to tell us the make/model of computer if it is a Retail Built or the motherboard if it is Home Built.

Also, the specific Ram you had and are now trying to use. All details.

AND!!!!! You need to do it in the appropriate place, not here.
  3. Pirate

Pirate TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for reply. But where is the appropriate place? I am new here and I don't know where to post anything. If I did anything wrong then I am extremely sorry for that.
    My Motherboard Model: OCTEK, Chipset VIA P4M266A/P4X266E, 184-pin DDR SDRAM sockets, Support up to 2GB DRAMs (512Mb x8/x16 DRAM technology), support DDR200/266 DDR SDRAM
    My Processor: Intel Pentium4 2.0 GHz
    Previous RAM: TwinMos 256MB Model no: M2GAI04A-MK, PC3200(CL3) 256MB DDR-DIMM
    New RAM: Transcend 1GB DDR 400 DIMM CL3
    These are the details, thank you again.
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

5. Pirate

Pirate TS Rookie Topic Starter

which one is the right forum, please tell me
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,462   +1,760

I'm thinking either "Chips, Chipsets, and Motherboards", or "Other Hardware" would do the trick. Either one is preferable to here. That said, welcome to Techspot. Oh, please read Tedsters guide.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.