RAM problems (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

First off, let me say that I know this problem is in another thread, but it is not the main topic of the thread so please don't delete this.

Ok, I have been getting BSODs like hell lately, 12 in the last 3 hours. Usually they happen about 2 minutes after I boot into windows, but sometimes they don't happen for upwards of an hour. I suspect that my cheapo RAM might be the problem, and I was wondering if anyone could confirm this. I have posted some of my minidumps.

EDIT: A few more details. I just got a new Mobo (A8NSLI-SE) and a new videocard (BFG 7950GT OC) yesterday. I reinstalled windows after putting them into my computer, and after my games and programs were installed, I brought my computer to my friend's place for a LAN party. I didn't have any problems with the computer until after I got home from the LAN party. This is when I noticed that it started having the BSOD issues. I don't know if that is of any help or relevance but there it is anyway...

EDIT2: One more thing, the RAM is rated at DDR400, but on my old mobo (939 Dual SATA-2) it defaulted at DDR266, and on this mobo it defaults on DDR333. Windows will not boot if the memory is at DDR400. Also, dual channel was working until about an hour ago. Now it is stuck on single channel.

I didn't put any new RAM in. It is my old RAM that I have had for several months. Both sticks are no-name brands, and are just plain bad quality. Ill try memtest, thanks rbbibble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back