Ram Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus451

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227181

I just purchased this ram to replace my old pqi PC4300 ram. First question I have is that when I run CPU-Z it shows the clocks as being 5-6-6-18 instead of 5-5-5-15. Do you guys know why it might've kicked the latencies up like that?

Also, with my processor overclocked it has a real FSB of 286, could I run this ram in a 2:1 ratio? Some people have said that it's the best.

One last thing, if the 2:1 isn't healthy or not worth it, right now they're running stock at 4:3, what ratio should I achieve? 1:1 would be an underclock for this ram.

Another thing I've noticed. My computer detects it as being PC23200 ram, and apparently is only running it at 214mhz. I tried forcing it to run as near to 1066 as I could and memtest failed immediately. The board I am currently on is an Asus P5WD2, maybe it's too old?

Thanks.

Hi there.

(The Newegg server is having issues so I can't see the link but just a few things anyway)

You can adjust the RAM timings in your BIOS. Set the following to acheive 5 - 5 - 5 - 15. (you may also have to change the RAM settings from Auto in BIOS too)

CAS# Latency: 5
RAS# to CAS# delay: 5
RAS# Precharge: 5
tRAS: 15

As for the ratio, I can't really tell until you give more information, what Mobo & RAM is it (couldn't access link to see RAM)?

When you were trying to run the RAM at 1066 do you mean changing from 214mhz to 533mhz? (keeping in mind the frequency is doubled to give the transfer rate cause its DDR)

If you were trying to run the RAM @ 1066mhz (bus frequency) there's no way it is going to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back