Ram Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Hey

Ok, recently built a new pc. Everything is worked fine, apart from the ram, which is running at 800mhz and not the stated 1066mhz. I have read on other sites that you need to alter some of the settings in the bios. Attempted to do that, Can boot into vista (64 bit) but it crashes after a minute with a blue screen (Sorry, didn't get what it said). Changed the settings back and it boots fine and runs fine like before.
Im just wondering what parameters i need to use to get it working at 1066mhz. I am using an Asus Extreme Striker mobo and http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...er_hpc_edition. The CPU is Core 2 duo E6700.
Thanks

Hi..Im hoping you guys could help me..a few days ago i purchased 1GB DIMM DDR RAM, PC3200, 400mhz, 184 pin..as I slot the ram in the computer on its own the computer boots up to the screen were it says 'boot from last known good configuration' and when I click it, the computer reboots, abit like a loop, I then tried the RAM in my dads PC which can handle over 3 gb of RAM again the PC loops but if I put my 512MB of RAM in with the 1GB, the computer triggers the alarm in the PC..I have absolutly no idea what may be causing this problem, I hope you guys have got some good news for me ..

Hugemongarse..

Chriss, where are you reading 800MHz? The BIOS? Keep in mind that DDR means double data rate so if it is reading 800MHz in the BIOS, you are overclocking it to 1600MHz.

Hugemongarse, some unsolicited advice: You should only post your problem once in these forums and since it is not really the same problem as the OP, you should start your own thread and not hijack this one. With two unrelated questions in one thread it becomes confusing after awhile.

Hugemongarse said:
Hi..Im hoping you guys could help me..a few days ago i purchased 1GB DIMM DDR RAM, PC3200, 400mhz, 184 pin..as I slot the ram in the computer on its own the computer boots up to the screen were it says 'boot from last known good configuration' and when I click it, the computer reboots, abit like a loop, I then tried the RAM in my dads PC which can handle over 3 gb of RAM again the PC loops but if I put my 512MB of RAM in with the 1GB, the computer triggers the alarm in the PC..I have absolutly no idea what may be causing this problem, I hope you guys have got some good news for me ..

Hugemongarse..
please do NOT piggy back questions.

start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back