Ram Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavin

hello there im a total noob about comps. i play em constantly but not know how they do what they do. im lookin to build a new comp for gaming but im on a budget.

anyways i was wondering if u guys could tell me what makes good ram good.

and also if anybody has any suggestion for any quality ram. preferably under 100 for 1 gb worth

damn i was hopin for a 1gb sticks so i never had to get rid of anything if i ever upgraded to 4gb's. ill look around for more corsair xms

One thing you want to keep in mind, is dual channel mode. If your motherboard supports it, it is a considerable increase in ram performance.

With only one stick of ram, your limited to single channel mode. Two sticks in dual channel is an extra 15% or so of performance gains.

Food for thought.

That ram is excellent ram. You'll have no problems with it at all.

One thing to confirm, is whether it is the right ram for your particular motherboard. What is your motherboard make/model?

yea i so saw that today while i was lookin at stuff.

the board i plan to buy is a socket 939 board since ill be using a amd 64. i dont have a idea for a mobo since newegg.com removed the board i had wanted. (chaintech vnf4 ultra) but i think i can still find it cheap somewhere.

but the ram would be 184 pin ddr

im preety sure that is a different board. the one i had been looking at had a 2000 FSB whatever that. could somebody tell me what that is and does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back