RAM Question for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy1234

I need a (2 x 1) Gigs ram for gaming so 2 sticks of 1 gig.
I need the best RAM for gaming under the price of $120.

most people in the US on techspot i believe use newegg.com for pc parts, it has reviews of stuff on there too so you can take a look there until you get more replies :)

i know that ive been looking at them but im not sure which company is the best for ram for a decent price
ive seen ocz, a-data , g-skill

What you're essentially doing here is asking us to make a judgment on a product simply based on the name brand attached to the product, which is a lot like asking us to tell you a good car to buy just by telling you "Get a Honda" or "Get a BMW". While some companies do make bargain RAM, and others, high-performance, it is a tendency, never a rule.

Firstly, decide what type of frequency and DIMM your RAM uses. You can decide this by going to the website of your computer manufacturer and looking up the model number of your computer. Oftentimes, the manufacturer will offer RAM that is guaranteed to match your computer, but it is generally not the best you can get, nor is any 2GB package you get for that amount of money going to be.

Getting 2GB of any RAM for under 120$ is quite difficult, really. Judging by your posts, you haven't really taken into consideration other things in your computer that may be hindering your performance - but we'll stick with RAM.

Once you've determined the information I asked you for, post it here and I'll help guide you through getting some new RAM.

240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 PC2 6400 is what i need for my MoBo
2 x 1 gigs and $150 and down. that is fast and is decent for gaming

i like it blazing fast as it says for serious gamers.
not bad. i might get that unless theres something better for the price and quality of it.

Two one gig sticks just aren't going to be had for under $150. If that's all you plan on spending, try Kingston. It's dependable and cheaper, but still at that price. Try Tiger Direct. Their prices are fairly reasonable.

Not Much Juice Needed....

Since RAM only uses about 15 watts per gig, why do you believe they power supply is even an issue? At 2 Gigs for $120.00 of 800Mhz RAM it will run at the rated speed. Likely not more, at least not stable. To me that seems "blazing fast", but then I'm not hell bent on world domination.

haha thanks
yeah im thinking about getting a 500W not 550W
cuz im not going use that much energy and if i do ill just buy a bigger one.

RAM isn't the issue with the psu, it's the other hardware. The GTX Ultra only calls for a minimum of 650 watts, but it's better to be safe than sorry. When I first upgraded and put in a 650 watt psu with my XFX 8800 GTX, it still didn't seem to be enough juice. I upped it to a 700 watt (and should have gone higher in the event that I pick up another one and go SLI), and it runs fine now. It was a little sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back