Ram speed questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO EVERBODY AND HI TO T.S SPECIAL FORCES..IN FACT THIS IS TO YOU GUYS.........
I DOWNLOADED THE EVEREST AND SIW SOFTWARE AS MENTIONED IN THE ""NEW MEMBERS READ HERE""" WELL I HAVE PC2100 266MHZ 2 STICKS @512MB EACH IN MY SYSTEM....WHY IS IS THAT THE SCAN FROM BOTH THE SOFTWARES TELL ME THAT I HAVE PC2100 133MHZ...IS IT THAT I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE 'LOCAL BANDITS'(PC SHOPS) WHEN I BOUGHT THE STICKS, I CHECKED MY BILLS THEY SHOW AS PC2100 266MHZ 512MB RAM STICKS X 2.....OR AM I READING MY SCREEN UPSIDE DOWN...I DO PRACTICE YOGA AND LEVITATION :bounce: AFTER A COUPLE OF JACK DANIEL'S:angel: THIS IS WHAT THE SCANS SAY: MEMORY BUS PROPERTIES- BUS TYPE=DDR SDRAM, BUS WIDTH=64BIT, REAL CLOCK=133MHZ(DDR), EFFECTIVE CLOCK=267MHZ, BANDWIDTH=2133MB/S...in another part of the software its says SPD MEMORY MODULES..DIMM 1- 512MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6)@133 (2.0-2-2-5)@100MHZ and DIMM 2- 512MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6)@133 (2.0-2-2-5)@100MHZ.....PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS MEANS AS I DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THESE JUST KNOW A LITTLE BIT...I HOPE THE SHOP GUYS DIDNT SCAM ME LIKE SELL ME A PC2100 133MHZ SAYIN ITS A 266MHZ OR ILL HAVE TO GET:darth: "THE MEN IN BLACK" :chef: ON THEIR CASE

Next time, please use a proper thread title and don`t shout. I.E don`t use capitals.

DDR ram is double data rate. So, a bus speed of 133mhz=266mhz which is correct.

Regards Howard :)

oops!!!! pardon me ...was i rude...........sorry.......what does it mean ????oh oh oh capitals mean rude/shouting..............tell me im new to them forums never been on one..............

so does in simple terms ...it does mean i have 266 mhz ram......also another thing if i want to put 2 1gig sticks @ 266 will i have to change my cpu like now its at 2.0ghz

AQUARIAN said:
oops!!!! pardon me ...was i rude...........sorry.......what does it mean ????oh oh oh capitals mean rude/shouting..............tell me im new to them forums never been on one..............

Typing in all capitals, is considered to be shouting and is frowned upon. Since you weren`t aware of that, there`s no problem. I guess we all have to learn sometime lol.

Take a look at this thread HERE, it contains some useful info on posting etc.

Yes, you have 266mhz ram. No you won`t need to change your cpu. Go and read this Ram thread HERE. It should help with your ram questions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back