Ram timing prob's

By Dayus
May 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently just bought some Corsair ram --> TWINX2048-3200C2PT which is 400Mhz and rated at XMS3200 / 2-3-3-6. I installed it and set the correct voltage (2.75) and timings (2-3-3-6) as stated in the Ram's Spec Sheet and loaded to windows, and the ram seems perfectly stable, but i checked the rams timings in cpu-z and it said the timings are 3-3-3-6 ? What's going on ? Is the bios correct or is cpu-z ? I went back into the bios just to check the timings were still 2-3-3-6, and yes they were. I saved the bios settings again, then checked cpu-z again, but cpu-z still says the timings are 3-3-3-6...

Anyone know what i should do ? I don't want the ram to be 3-3-3-6, because i payed extra for the "C2" in other words, the ability to run the ram at cas 2.0 Besides corsair say it should run at 2-3-3-6 anyway.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.