TechSpot

Ram troubles

By Thomaslafon
Sep 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 1705SCI which is supposed to be able to handle 2GB of ram. I had already a ram bar of 256MB installed (Nanya 256MB PC2700 DDR-333MHz-CL2.5 NT256D64S88B1G-6K). Afterwards I installed a ram bar of 1GB (Kingston 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 184-Pin DIMM KVR333X64C25/1G). The first time I started the laptop there were no problems. But afterwards it keeps restarting when I try to start it... I still have the problem even if I only put the 1GB ram bar in the laptop. Is there a way to get rid of this annoying problem ?

Thanks,
    Thomas Lafon

2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Welcome to Techspot
    It is never a good idea to mix different brands of Ram ,Since your having troubles after removing the Nanya stick.I would tend to think that you may have a bad stick.
    Did you confirm at the Aspire website as to the recommended brand and model that is for your machine? .Portables have very specific hardware demands.
    Have you tried a memory test?
    Are there any errors in your system Event veiwer?

3. Thomaslafon

Thomaslafon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi,

There are some errors in my event viewer... I haven't done any memory test, could you please advice me for one ? And no I didn't confirm at the Aspire websites...

Thanks for replying,
    Thomas Lafon

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

5. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Post the errors in your event veiwer, also!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.