Ram upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

i was thinking about upgrading my bother ram along with a new viedo card, the viedo card will be a ati 9600 pro and the ram will be pc2100 his specs can be found at www.powerspec.com the computer is a powerspec 6238 and i just want to make shore i know the correct ram to ger.

thanks

On the web site:

Main Memory
Supports four memory banks using two 184-pin DDR DIMMs or two 168-pin SDRAM DIMMs
Supports a maximum memory size of 2GB
Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM
-----------

Means max of (2) 1gb DDR266. If you are keeping RAM that is already in it, best to get a stick from same manufacturer, same speed.

well i am keps the same ram that in there but i cant seme to find who makes the ram thats inthere, i also saw on another post about dubble sidded ram, what is that?

thanks

Your system doesn't take anything special. Not EDO or Registered or any other fancy term.
To see what you have now you'll probably have to take the cover off (while system is off) and pull the RAM stick out and see what it is.

Found this description of "Double Sided":
"Double-Sided Memory refers to how the module is physically built with the individual memory chips. In this instance, they are placed on both sides of the PCB. (However, some people may use this term to describe the logical electrical organization of the DIMM. In that case, you should refer to Single-Bank and Dual-Bank.)"

And this is the description of "Dual-Bank":
"Dual-Bank is a way to describe the logical electrical organization of the DIMM rather than single-sided memory or double-sided memory. (For example, a 256MB DIMM built with 16Mx16 components may appear physically as a single-sided DIMM, however the logical electrical organization of the DIMM is dual bank.)"

I wouldn't worry to much about that.

im ording kingston ram 256 mb so he'll have 512 probibly plunty to run games and it sould go good with a 9600 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back