Ramdom BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinz

Since building this system about a week ago I've been experiencing random BSOD in vista.

I've attached the minidumps below

System specs are

ASUS P5K AiLifestyle Series iP35 Motherboard
Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-12) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
Western Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB SATAII 16MB Cache 7200 RPM
Xpertvision 8500GT Sonic edition 256MB 128bit DDR3 DVI TVO PCI-E
Samsung SH-S183 SATA 18x DVD±RW/RAM Black - Bare Drive OEM
Corsair VX450WUK 450W PSU
Asus TA-210
Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-t PCI Freeview

Attachments

• BSODs.zip
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
I've tested the RAM with memtest about 2 days ago and it did 24 passes with no errors.

Do you still think the RAM is the problem? Or could it be the motherboard.

As I said, it could just be a ram compatibilty issue. Try running your system with just one stick of ram and see if that helps.

Memtest86+ is not perfect, nor is any other ram testing utility and some faulty ram can pass Memtest.

You might also want to take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

I'll take a look that post.

It's an strange problem cos it's not happened so far today after I swapped memory modules and then swapped them back. Usually it will BSOD within 15/20 mins when i start up in the morning. Otherwise it seemed to occur once a day.

Is there any way I can try and induce a BSOD if there is still a problem there?

thanks for your help, very useful

It may have been possible that one of the ram sticks wasn`t properly seated and by removing and reinserting them the problem has now ceased.

Just run your system as you usually do and see if the problem returns. Hopfully, it won`t.

One minidump crashes at MpFilter.sys. This is part of the Windows Onecare live application.

The other crashes at win32k.sys. This is a Windows core OS file and is probably not the culprit.

Try running with just one stick of ram and see if your system then becomes stable. If it doesn`t swap to the other stick of ram and test again.

You could also try uninstalling Windows Onecare Live.

Just sorting the pagefile at the moment, think I'm just gonna send the memory back if it doesn't sort it, and then reformat and reinstall windows again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back