Inactive Ran Combofix and now i am getting a low FPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping to fix this problem soon.

recently I have been having VERY bad luck with my laptop. its just a little over a year old and now I cannot get it to work correctly. I mostly have issues concerning a internet browser and with World of Warcraft, or the battle.net application.

today around 1030pm I wanted to run some general maintenance on my laptop and I downloaded combofix. after combofix completed I ran Mbytes. nothing worth noting for either of them.

I went to get on WoW and I used to be able to play in high settings (NVIDIA recommend settings) with about 20-30fps no problem. when I got on about 1145pm it only ran at 10fps I could barely get it higher than 20fps.

this frustrates me I dont know if its because I have movies or music or I just use my computer a lot that keeps doing this but I just cannot figure out what is wrong I even (back in june) reinstalled windows but that didnt help. its been a constant battle trying to figure out what is wrong with this laptop. it has something to do with the graphics I know it but because its a dell laptop it has a Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU and a NVIDIA GTM 650. I have done EVERYTHING in my power that I can think of to get the computer to use the NVIDIA card as a primary for when I game but sometimes it works sometimes it dont and I dont know what to do.

I am pretty familiar with computers and know how to do a few things but laptops are just a giant GRRR for me.
I get some super slow load times for WoW and my internet browser ... its weird because IE runs x10 faster than firefox and I dont know why. I wait about 1-2mins for a page to load on firefox, IE it loads in 5secs.
when I run WoW it takes a good 3-4mins to get it running and when its almost started up if I click on the screen, the screen goes WHITE and says NOT RESPONDING, but then if I wait it responds???

Welcome aboard

I know nothing about gaming but we can check if your computer is clean.
As a side note...it's never a good idea to run some tools you're not familiar with, like Combofix.

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back