Random Battlefield 2 crashes, need help analyzing

By ryanman20
Dec 3, 2006
  1. Hi,

I've been troubleshooting my brothers BF2 crashes since he bought the game. The only problem is that he lives 9 hours away, so it makes troubleshooting kind of difficult. I've searched through various forums and haven't found a proper fix yet.

I've attached a zip file containing a dxdiag report, cpu-z report, and two dump files from the bf2 directory.

I hope someone with more expertise reading these files can see if something is obviously wrong.
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

It appears to me that you may be missing a file from the game. This may or may not be causing the crashes. Does your brohter have any problems with other games crashing/locking Have you reinstalled? Does the game crash in single player or just multiPlayer. Bf2 is a good game but it does have alot of problems with crashing etc.
  3. ryanman20

ryanman20 TS Rookie Topic Starter

BF2 crashes in both single and multiplayer. He had crashing problems with America's Army, too. I am going to try some other free games like War Rock to see if they crash as well.

What I am worried about is in both of the dump files it says
    That sounds like either the memory is defective or it could possibly be a conflicting program. I've had him disable a bunch of processes that usually interfere with BF2 but like you said, it's a buggy game. :(
  4. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

BF2 has never given me any issues. Re-install and update the patches.

You should check your RAM, Video card and drivers
  5. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

You may want to run memtest from
    It is available in a floppy and .iso. Let it run for a night while you sleep and see what you get.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.