I got bf2 patched to latest version.

My system specs are as follows:

P4 530( 3.0ghz)
Abit AA8 mobo
1GB pc2-4200
120GB HDD
7800 GT CO

settings @ 1280x1024, 4x AA, medium everything

I get random bf2 crashes that happen right before you enter the game or just shortly thereafter. Probably a third of the time.

Ive got upgraded cooling on my CPU and GPU;

I'm perplexed why this is happening, any insights guys.

Any tests i can run on my video card to see maybe if its the issue?

Thanks

Have you tried installing the latest drivers for yor graphics card and installing the BF2 patches?

BTW
What power supply do you have?

YOu should run 3dmark05 or 06 and see if it crashes in that, or try another demmanding game

if it does it may be a power or ram issue

Yeah, using the latest nvidia drivers and my PSU is an OCZ MODSTREAM 450W

I'm downloading 3D mark as we speak, I'll try it out

And i think i forgot to mention i tried re-installing everything.

Thanks

Yeah i ran 3dmark06

I got the score 3725, i dont know what this means, hopefully you guys can give some insight.

It also ran very slowly around the 3rd test.

Anyways, any more ideas guys?

but it did pass and go thorugh the whole test without any errors?? thats a good sighn

now when you say BF2 crashes, explane more (ie. freezes, restarts??)

yes

Latest patch Bf2 1.3 installed, as well latest Nvidia forceware installed.

3dmark06 ran without any errors i think, (I didnt see any mention of them).

By crashing I mean: I see a black screen and i will then go back to the desktop with bf2 no longer running.

Thnx

very odd

that black screen crash usually means that the system is to slow to run the game but that is clearly not your case

downlaod memtest86 and run it for atlest 6 pases and see if there are any errors on the ram

IBN said:
I can run BF2 on max settings with an AGP nvidia 6600 no problem whatsoever.

If it crashes at the same time everytime, Look to download the latest drivers for your Audio Card. Then again audio driver problems usually reboot your PC But its worth a Shot.

If you go to My Documents then Battlefield 2 then DMP there are you minidumps to tell you why you crashed.

seems to be fixed

Hey,

Bf2 dosent seem to crash anymore.

It could have been one of the many things u guys told me, but basically i re-installed every driver I have on my computer, so the problem is gone...for now lol.

Thanks for your help, it was appreciated!!!!

a beter PSU

You think I need a better PSU?

Ive got a modstream 450W, shouldnt that be enough?

BTW, for my next system i'm planning on re-using the graphics card, but does anyone know how much power a 7800GT CO consumes max?

Thanks

teomilke said:
You think I need a better PSU?

Ive got a modstream 450W, shouldnt that be enough?

BTW, for my next system i'm planning on re-using the graphics card, but does anyone know how much power a 7800GT CO consumes max?

Thanks
The reason Bf2 crashes a lot at the moment when joining servers, during games etc, is the new 1.3 patch, if you read the bf2 forums anywhere you will see that 1000,s of peeps have had the same problem.
EA messed it up again!!!

1.30 patch crashes

Outlaw said:
The reason Bf2 crashes a lot at the moment when joining servers, during games etc, is the new 1.3 patch, if you read the bf2 forums anywhere you will see that 1000,s of peeps have had the same problem.
EA messed it up again!!!

I've been having the same problem with BF2 crashing. Happens when I 'Join' the server right before the server map screen comes up. Thought it might be the 1.3 patch , and since others are having the same problem, that confirms it for me. Guess EA needs to patch their patch.

EA needs to learn from their mistakes and fix their problems first, then they can add new “doodads”... But the new patch (that's supposed to fix the 1.3 patch) is coming out with add-ons as well, meaning it’s probably going to have more bugs. I’m beginning to regret ever updating to the 1.3 patch.

Half of my bf2 clan (including me) are oout for the next season. We can not stay connected to servers without getting the Crash to desktop, or the "Problem with your connection"

Mine only really happends with unranked serversbut that screws me out of matches.

EA's continuous flow of **** patches practically destroyed BF2.

It now takes me forever to log in and validate client data, then sometimes i get that connection crash. I also have the problem where the server browser just decides to fail.

frasier said:
EA's continuous flow of **** patches practically destroyed BF2.
Actually, you're part right. :D

It now takes me forever to log in and validate client data, then sometimes i get that connection crash. I also have the problem where the server browser just decides to fail.
I had the exact same problems, but found a cure.

1) I completely uninstalled all mods/patches, hunted in the registry manually, and purged My Documents, EA games, BF2 etc.etc. and manually deleted the game folder. I then re-installed BF2, BF2:SF, BF2:Booster, BF2:Euro... THEN applied the latest 1.3 patch, and ran Defrag on the disk I installed to.

*THIS* fixed my "forever login" problem. Before doing this, I'd been through 1.1, 1.2 and finally 1.3 patch and could sometimes take 2-3 minutes after "Welcome to Duty" to finally get to the game menu. After the complete and total re-install, it's now 5-12 seconds TOPS. I think the 1.1->1.2->1.3 patch process does something funky and a clean/re-install + one patch fixes it.

2) Validating client data was a two-fold problem for me:
a) my cache files were fragmented and running defrag didn't help. Again, I defragged my drive with BF2, then deleted the cache folder (up in my documents), ran defrag with it deleted, connected/pre-cached. .exited immediately and re-ran defrag. Now I validate on even bigger, 64 player maps in about 18-25 seconds tops (versus up to 1-2 minutes prior).
b) 2 gigs of ram and optimized swap file. This also contributed to my 18-22 second max client data verification lag.

Hope this helps!

I have the same exact problem... here is my story.
2 month old HP comp..

athlon x2 4400+
2gigs ram
pny 7600gt 256mb
250gb
300wt power supply, and thats ok for the video card as well.

I bought the game 2 weeks ago.(bf2) Immediately updated to the 1.3 patch. Also, have the most recent drivers for my video card. Screwy game still crashes about 1/4 of the time. It crashes to the desktop. The comp continues to run flawless w/ every other program, and never crashes completely or in any other way. Really pisses me off. This is my first time gaming with a pc, and I'll tell you its not a good impression. This game is fun when it works, but that doesn't happen too much anymore. Dissapointed.

Random Crash To Desktop=Patch issue.

It sucks that you joined the game at this time. Pre 1.2 was really alot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back