Random Blue screens, unkown cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeychef23

Hi all,

I just built this sick computer (I think its pretty sick) and it runs like a beast. Sadly, there are some problems with it. I have been playing Team Fortress 2 ALOT and the computer has been randomly sound looping and then it goes to blue screen. I will try and get the bluescreen info, but in the mean time, here are the specs.

Intel Q8200 Quad Core @2.33
EVGA Nvidea GeForce 9800 GTX
4gb ram (nothing really special)
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Windows 7 Home Premium
Smilodon Raidmax Case with 3 fans
500W Power Supply

Other than when playing Team Fortress 2 are you getting BSODs at any other time and if so what are you doing?

Well, I get BSOD about 2 seconds after I exit the game, when I shut down the computer after playing the game, or even when the computer is just sitting idle for about a half hour after playing the game. These all occur at random intervals, and I can never predict when a BSOD is coming.

Also, I am having trouble accessing the .dmp/.mdmp files. Can you help to access them so I can put them on here?

Thanks

In your next post attach your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I am having trouble just accessing the file.

A dialog box saying "the administrator must give you permission"

I am the admin of this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back