Random bluescreens in Vista x64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now before I strart I want to abologise if I'm being an ***** here.

So, the problem is that I get random bluescreens in vista, such as "memtest_manager" and "page_fault_in_nonpage_area". The bluescreens come whenever, whatever I'm doing, but more often when I'm playing or downloading something. All that I have read so far, suggest that I might have faulty RAM.

Setup:
EVGA 680i SLi motherboard
2x GeForce 8800Ultra
4x 2Gb G-Skill DDR2 800Mhz
Intel Core Q6600

I remember testing my memory with the vista memory test, and at the first time it gave me an error report. I ran it again a while later, but didn't get any errors.

I also read on these forums that I should clean the rams contact surfases which I did with contact cleaner and a can of compressed air but that didn't solve the problem.

So, to make sure could someone tell me which of the minidumps to upload and check them for me?

Thank you very much for your time.

Ok, I've tested the RAM with memtest86 and it found errors in one of the RAM sticks. I ran the other sticks for a hour and the one I got errors with ran memtest for 8 secs and then the program froze.

However, now I got another bluescreen. It said something like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And also it had something to do with USB. It has only come up while playing crysis.

If this keeps up I'm guessing it could be my motherboard thats broken, or then just Vista's up for no good.

If these memory modules are all the same I would see if you can try another make as yours might not be compatible with your motherboard.

If you got errors you need to change those modules out. I doubt it is Vista. Corrupted memory can cause all kinds of headaches and I have seen it masked in other areas like your latest crash.

Make sure your new memory stick is compatible with your old one. Also, as AlbertLionHeart rightly points out make sure your RAM is compatible with your motherboard. Go to your manufacturer's website, pull up your particualr mobo model and they'll list compatible RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back