Random BSOD errrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All

I have been having random BSODs with the following message
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x80503EE4,0xBACC3748,0xBACC3444)

The problem started about 2 months ago.

When the computer reboots and does its reporting to microsoft it always says it may be caused by some device driver but I can not figure which device driver is causing the problem.

I have not installed any new hardware on my system.

I've attached my sys info as well as the minidumps

Three of your errors are 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This problem is defined as a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Windows core drivers were cited which are too general to be definitive.

Your remaining arror was 0x0A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

In other words, a driver or kernel was trying to access an IRQ Level it has no business doing and thus resulted in in a crash.

The driver cited aswTdi.sys and this is an Avast! Filter Driver. Now Advast! makes a very nice anti-virus but you are about the third or fourth person in recent days that this has come up.

Here is what I suggest:

1. Go to the Advast forums and/or contact support and tell them you have had a BSOD and this driver was cited after you minidumps were read.

2. Run ChkDsk

3. Run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. Due to so many BSODs, the 7E errors and the 0A error, and core Windows drivers I have a suspicion your memory might be corrupted.

* In fact, do the MemTest before you do anything else. Let us know the results.

I let the mem test run over night it didn't pick up on errors.
I also ran Chkdsk and emailed avast support to see if they have any suggestions.
Thanks for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back