Random BSOD

Chan Martin

For the millionth time now; I'm getting BSOD's.
Specs:

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
RAM - 8192MB Ram (two 4 gb sticks I think).
Processor - AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Power Supply - no clue (I'm not the best with computer hardware, so I don't know how to find out what mine is)
Motherboard - MSI 760GM-P23(FX) (MS-7641)

Forgive me if this post needs more info because I'm trying to write this before my computer crashes again.
Any help appreciated! minidumps attatched

UPDATE FROM PHONE:
I decided to totally reset my pc from the windows install disk. I did a clean reset and deleted all partitions and then when I clicked next I get put on the windows setup page. Once on this page, my PC will get to about 90% on "getting files ready for installation" and then restart. Once it restarts, it takes me to a black screen that says no OS found and I have to hit f11 on restart to get back to the CD to ATTEMPT to reinstall windows.

Attachments

• minidumps for techspot.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I could use the PC at one point last night but after I booted up the windows CD to fully reset that's when the partitions are messed up somehow. I can always get to the reset screen and it's installing windows but right when it's about to finish my PC crashes. Also whenever I go to the "Repair my PC" option under the disk and choose reset, it says "Required Partition is missing". So to fix that, I went under command prompt under someone else's help and repaired the bcd or mcd drive (not sure which or what they mean). Now when I go to reset through the repair my PC option I can actually reset my PC but it crashes on me midway through. I can't go into my OS or anything; I'm just stuck on a continuous loop of seeing no operating system found, my computer crashing, and me loading up the disk.

You can POST? You can reach BIOS?

What are you using for installation media? What version OS? When/where did you get it?

I'm not sure what POST or BIOS is or what they mean. I'm assuming installation media is what I'm using to install Windows 10, so I'm using a CD. I got the disk from my computer manufacturer, CyberPower PC, about 2 years ago.

POST - power on self test - at boot, single beep indicating hardware is good
BIOS - basic settings for controlling initial operation of system -beginning roughly at POST and ending at login
Operating system is initialized in that interim period - allocation of interrupts and memory - drivers are loaded

You can POST? You can reach BIOS?

A 2yr old Windows 10 disk is likely to be out of date - consider downloading a current windows 10 ISO and put it on a flash drive or on a DVD. Maybe create it fresh again. This is for Win10. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh

Maybe in depth test of RAM - use self-booting USB version of Memtest86 - run continuous overnight.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6216-memtest86.html

I do get POST because I hear the beep when my computer starts up. I don't think I reach BIOS because whenever I start up the computer without pressing f11, I go to a screen the says no operating system is found. When I do press f11 though, it will take me to the disc

I suggest you download and consult a manual for your system or motherboard
OR
visit the repair shop of your choice.

The culprit ended up being a RAM stick so once I removed it I am now able to boot up into windows. My computer still crashes randomly though

Removed 1 stick RAM.
POST ok.
Login ok.
Can use Windows 10 for a bit.
Crashes.

More detail would be helpful.

Did you update media to current version of Win10?

If updated, did you run 'repair'? "
"

When was last time you cleaned system?

Are you using nVidia driver or Microsoft Windows default? You may wish to get recent WHQL nVidia driver.

Back