Random BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting because recently I've been getting a random BSOD but does not give me a discription or tell me what file caused it upon restarting the computer it tells me that "Your computer has recovered from a serious error" and it creates a minidump file. I'm not sure whats causing it and wondered if you guys could help

Attachments

• Mini012608-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
Has this problem just happened recently?

If so have you installed any new programs or done any updates?

Have you changed any hardware recently?

Can you restore your system from a prior point?

Not much info so forgive me for throwing some suggestions out there...

well i've had the computer for about two months and the problem started about two weeks ago when i installed call of duty 4 thats when i first got the blue screen, but i uninstalled it and it has been entirely random since then

I have a
AMD athlon 64 x2 3800
Pqi turbo DDR2 1 GIG ram
nvidia gforce 7600 gt
seagate 120 GB HDD
Asus motherboard

So the problem started when you installed COD4.....

Did you make any additional changes to your system like adding drivers or game updates when you installed COD4?

Im assuming that your system is running cool enough and volatages are ok?

Games tax systems and generally will cause overheating issues when played for long periods.

If the issue continued after the game was uninstalled it could be an issue with your hardware the game exposed when the system was stressed.

You might want to test your ram and be sure the voltage to the system is ok.

Is the system running hot?

Both minidumps point to NVENETFD.sys The BSOD's are related to your network card driver for your nForce chipset. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your onboard NIC (probably should update all your mobo drivers at the same time also).

By the way, how do you like your cpu? I have one still in a retail box waiting to replace my single core 3200+.

Why would a newtwork issue such as this suddenly crop up after 2 months of use without problems, curious.

Let us know what happens....

Curious the .dmp files didnt show in Vista.......Glad they did for you Route44!

Well I just reinstalled the driver and while i cant really tell yet it seems ok, it may be that in my college they make us install this clean access agent to get on the net, but if anything ill post

and the CPU works great so far i would recommend it

thanks for the help guys.

i reinstalled it and it worked for a while but my friend was using the computer and i got another one but this one actually said something. I attached the dump.

She was playing a flash game online and it happened again about 15min ago while i was on MSN, I the only updates I found for my board were flash bios updates and im not sure how to install those

jabun said:
She was playing a flash game online and it happened again about 15min ago while i was on MSN, I the only updates I found for my board were flash bios updates and im not sure how to install those

Whatever you do, have someone who knows what they are doing flash your BIOS if that is what you decide.

It could be you need an updated BIOS but, again, make sure they know what they are doing and that it is the right one for your motherboard.

I would find out what Asus motherboard model you have and see if there are issues such as you are receiving and your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back