Random BSODs not often...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcoperfield

As the title says.

Pentium D, Nvidia 7800GS AGP, 2GB ram (4x 512). Could you examine those 2 dmps please and tell me whats going on... i suspect PSU

Your one minidump points to a 0x7e error and cites the probable cause as tcpip.sys. This is a core process for windows; the tcpip.sys file is essential for a windows based machine to use the tcp/ip protocals(ie use networking or the internet).

0x0000007e: system_thread_exception_not_handled a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check event viewer (eventvwr.msc) for additional information.

Your other minidump points to a 0x4e error and cites the probable cause as klif.sys which is a driver for kaspersky's anti-virus though both pc tools and zonae alarm security suit also utilize this driver.

0x0000004e: pfn_list_corrupt this indicates that the memory management page file number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical ram, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

* It appears your issue is with your anti-virus software. Klif.sys has been known to cause crashes. I suggest going to kasperky's forums and see how this isue is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back