Random BSODs on Win7 x86

lcoperfield

I suspect my PSU or WiFi card but here is some info and minidumps. Brand new install of Win7 Ultimate x86. The setup: Intel Pentium D 945 @ 3.4 Ghz, Gigabyte 8I865G775-G mobo, Nvidia 7800GS AGP, 4x512MB Kingston @ 400 Mhz, TP-Link TL-WN951N Wi-Fi internal PCI card, 320GB HD WD SATA, random unnamed 500W PSU.

Any help appreciated. Thanks for your time.

edit1: as I did some research for my TL-WN951N wifi I ve seen some people having issues running it under win7 since there are no signed drivers for the OS. I just want some info on the minidumps so I can figure out what's going wrong.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

First minidump had 0x19 Bad Pool Header error, which can be due to driver or issues with HDD. Please download diagnostic tool for your HDD (from its manufacturer's site) and check your HDD.

One of your minidumps came up with Memory Management issues, which points out that there may be issues with RAM.

I would suggest you to download and run memtest for at least 10-12 passes on each RAM module individually (i.e. one by one by taking the rest out of your system).

i downloaded a diag tool for the WD disk and it came up with bad sectors. its really weird because its 2 months old... tried to repair them but it says couldnt be repaired. i guess its because of windows running. checking the memory right now and then i ll try with an older disk of mine. is it possible that the mobo is faulty and not the disk?

One can never rule out anything, but apparently it doesn't seem to be the issue here.

If that HDD is in warranty, you can ask them for a replacement, but don't forget to backup your data.

10 passes 0 errors on memory. thank you for your time and effort to read and answer to my posts. i ll replace that disk and post how it goes.

You are welcome, hopefully things will settle down once you've done that, in case you need any further assistance just post back. :)

Back