Random BSODs

By Mark Sundahl
Jul 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey all, my computer crashes a little now and then on me and I cant figure out why, and its starting to annoy the heck out of me now...

Im uploading some minidumps and hopefully you can help me figure out whats the problem with this :p

any help is deeply appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

You may have a virus or other malware infection. What antivirus program are you running?
  3. Mark Sundahl

Mark Sundahl Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Microsoft security essentials
  4. Tmagic650

Is MSE updating properly and running clean?
  5. Mark Sundahl

No complaints from MSE at all...
  6. Tmagic650

7. Mark Sundahl

I will give that a go, I have cleaned temps with CCleaner with no success though (multiple times)
  8. Tmagic650

CCleaner is an old program and it doesn't come close to cleaning those hard to reach nasty places where malware can reside. After running the temp file cleaner, post any new minidumps and we will continue in a different direction, if the minidumps don't change
  9. Mark Sundahl

Did not know that since CCleaner has regular updates.... oh well.... used the tool that you linked now, hopefully its all fine now but we´ll see :D if I dont post anymore on this topic its working as it should, thanks
  10. Tmagic650

Okay, good :)
  11. Mark Sundahl

another BSOD.... no minidump made strangly... all I had time to read was nvsomething.dll

12. Mark Sundahl

I did just find something else interesting that might be the cause of this... my hard drives where at 60 degrees c... I´m going to the shop tomorrow and getting some new fans!
  13. Tmagic650

NV something could be an Nvidia video driver issue
  14. Mark Sundahl

possibly, dont know though since I updated the nvidia driver yesterday.... -.-
  15. Tmagic650

Try updating the audio driver. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?
  16. Mark Sundahl

well a whole day of playing with no issues now, and I just installed some new fans... :p might have been overheating of the HD´s

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.