Random Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Though, it may be a hardware problem. Tell me what you think.

I'm running Windows XP on a HP Pavilion notebook. Recently, my computer has been clicking at random wherever the cursor happens to be placed. I do not bump the trackpad or anything- it just clicks, making typing very difficult. Every other word, I find I'm typing several lines higher, or that I've clicked the X in the corner or something. Any ideas?

Have you tried hooking a mouse up to it? It could be that your touch pad is bad. Maybe its sensitivity is too high. Or, maybe there is some kind of malware on your computer, in which case one of the more experienced guys will have to help you out.:)
kitty500cat

Jeez. I know this sounds so noobish, but I can't figure it out. How might one access the touchpad options? I've tried the Control Panel/Mouse options, but it doens't list anything related to the mouse touchpad. I didn't realize this before, but this particular model does the "tap the pad to click" number, and I think it may be rather hypersensitive, so that perhaps vibrations on the desk; caused by typing; etc, may cause the device to click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back