Random Freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.
I sent this Pos computer to the technician about 8 times? they spent two months on it. Endless replacement of the evga card and rechecking patches n such.

Specs.
939 dual sata2 - ULI m1695 ( athlon64/x2/fx) agp8x/pci-e socket 939. - mobo
E-eGeForce 6600 256mb agp8x. - video card.
Pc2100 ddr300 ram.
seagate barracda 7200.8 200 gb
lite on dvdrw - cdrom drive
AMD Athlon64 3500+ (2.2 GHz) Socket 939 Processor
500 watt psu. best power.
thas my computer specs.
running windows xp pro

ok basic problems is my screen will go display desktop for example, it will go black automatically, then it will revert back to the desktop and boom it will freeze. Also if im playing winamp and such, say im playing a song the whole hing will go quiet, then the song will keep playing but the screen will just be frozen displaying what i have seen last. pretty lame but thats what happens, and the other type of freezing i get is it will freeze, then i will press my keys like crazy and it will do a beep and reboot.

As far as updating drivers go, i updated everything lates nvidia driver, windows s pack 2 and the bios aswell.

Que it up with the reponses! i wanna fix it before Burning crusade comes out !!!

There are quite a few possibilities as to what is causing your headaches. The best thing you can do is start troubleshooting one thing at a time until you find it.

Click on the link for "random crashes" in my signature and follow the steps there. One of those steps should find the problem. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back