Random Frequent BSODs (minidmp included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium Flower

Hi, I'm new and I found my way here after trying desperately to troubleshoot why my PC keeps getting frequent random BSODs, I'm posting my three most recent minidump files in the hope someone here can figure out the cause.

The BSODs were getting out of hand so I reinstalled Windows XP PRO with SP 3 from scratch hardly a month ago. For a while things seemed to be going well then recently the BSODs appeared again.

I have Windows XP SP3 32bit running on 18 month old hardware with the following specs.

2.13 Ghz E6400 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2 GB of RAM
XFX 8600GT
160 GB HDD (Hitachi)

Hi

All MiniDumps you posted indicate 0xA errors, these errors are caused by Bad Device Drivers, Incompatible Software or Hardware.

The 2 most recent of the MiniDumps cite "nltdi.sys" which is associated with a program called Netlimiter.
The Oldest MiniDump you posted cites "vsdatant.sys" which is associated with Zonealarm.

Can you try updating Zonealarm and try removing Netlimiter for a while and see if that brings Stability.

I know Netlimiter obviously limits the amount of Bandwidth the Computer your on uses but just try it for a bit and see if it is stable again

If you have any more questions or problems continue post back.

Hey, thanks for your help and the quick reply. I have more mini dumps, should I post them as well? There are about 10 in total. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. For the time being, I've removed Netlimiter in case its been conflicting with Zone Alarm and causing the errors.

I happened to have just finished posting on another Thread and saw your Thread appear when i came back to the forum page.

That is a possible cause about Netlimiter and Zonealarm conflicting.
Yes you could post some more MiniDumps to isolate the problem to those 2 programs possibly.

All MiniDumps are the same as last time, 0xA errors with "nltdi.sys" and "vsdatant.sys" being cited as the probable causes again. Seems your cause is isolated now so will see if you have any problems with the Comp now you have removed Netlimiter.

Thanks so much. I think you've got it. Now that I think about it, they always do seem to happen when I'm online and there's ample network activity. I've disabled the Netlimiter firewall. Lets see if I can get the two to co-exist peacefully before getting rid of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back