Random IE popups ALL OVER THE PLACE. HJT log attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random IE popups jumping up during normal computer operation. Including but not limited to while playing games, browsing web and so on.

Spybot and BitDefender found nothing from what they tell me.

Any ideas from what I've shown you here?

Attachments

• hjtlog.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
I had that same problem until I cleared my history in IE and delted all the files from the temp folder, installed Norton Internet Security and used the firewall. Or you could make sure that your Windows firewall is on.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with several nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of vitus82 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Delete al files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

tool license.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Flawdeaf] C:\DOCUME~1\Lauren\APPLIC~1\INFOBI~1\tool license.exe

O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLauncher/ActiveLauncher.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\Lauren\APPLIC~1\INFOBI~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as a Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

Here is the last HJT log after your latest instructions...

For some reason my computer won't download combofix so I haven't been able to scan or get a log from that for you. The "OK" button to download just stays gray and never lets me click it no matter where I try to d/l it from. Very strange.

Oh well... The popups have stopped and like I said here is the latest HJT log. How we lookin' now?

Your HJT log is now clean.

However, without seeing a Combofix log, I can`t say with any certainty whether your system is really clean or not.

Are you still getting popups etc?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of vitus82 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

No the popups have stopped for the time being. Hopefully everything is fixed. I will do my best to find another means of getting that combofix.

Should I just post the log here if I manage to get it within the next couple of days?

Otherwise, thanks so much for your help Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back